If you’re serious about online visibility, you need to pay attention to Google+ and the tools it provides. Many lawyers are already taking advantage of the tools provided by Google+ and they are gaining a competitive advantage.
While Facebook and Twitter content is not indexed in Google search, content created in Google+ and on YouTube – which is integrated into Google+ Hangouts – is not only indexed, it is prominently featured in search results.
Lawyers who populate their YouTube channels with videos created in Google+ events featuring Hangouts have a distinct search advantage. It is 50 times easier to reach page one of Google with a video than it is with a web page (Forrester).
If you think Google search is important to your practice, you should be adding Google+ and especially Google+ Hangouts, to your comprehensive marketing plan. Here are some lawyers you might want to follow and some communities you might want to explore.
- Tina Willis, a practicing personal injury lawyer, with more than 10,000 followers, runs Legally Speaking, G+ Hangout on Air Show
- Jeffrey Lapin is a personal injury lawyer in Nebraska who has more than 33K followers
- Kevin O’Keefe of LexBlog, legal marketing firm, is a long-time blogger who has 2,300 followers on Google+ where he mostly re-posts content from his blog
- Personal injury attorney Michael Ehline has more than 18,000 followers and runs a Hangout show called Circle of Legal Trust and also hosts a community called Circle of Legal Trust with more than 1,200 members
- Gordon Firemark – intellectual property/entertainment lawyer, using Hangouts on Air (HOAs) in a popular series of live broadcasts
- James Novak is an Arizona-based criminal defense lawyer with approximately 1,500 followers whose “About” section features stellar reviews of his work. He posts to Google+ daily, and approximately 500 people actively share his content about legal matters. He is proof that what counts on Google+ is engagement and original content
There are several active Google+ communities for lawyers including:
- Lawyers on G+ Community – 6500+ members
- Lawyers & Law – 4300 members